19.12.08

get yer craft on

School has finished (on Tuesday) and I've been sitting at home, on the computer, being lazy, etc. etc. But... yesterday I was browsing through Craftster.org and I found some really awesome high waisted skirts/pinafores. So I decided to make a pinafore (looks like a high waisted skirt with straps). I found a tutorial and began sewing. It is the first article of clothing I have ever sewed in my entire life... so I'm quite pleased with it. Even though I almost tore it into zillions of pieces after having to move the zip about 9,067,895 times. Unpick, pin, sew, unpick, pin, sew...
Here it is:
Tell me whatcha think =]

(Skirt; homemade, $0. Singlet; Supre, $13. Tights; Farmers, $8. Cardi; Valleygirl, $20.)

*EDIT* I forgot to say that I didn't end up making the pinafore with straps, I just left it as a skirt as the straps were fiddly to sew and I was satisfied with it as a skirt.

5 comments:

keira antoia rose said...

I adore the skirt. It's very chic, something I would def buy. Your outfit is lovely.

xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo
www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com

Teabagstains said...

aww your cute! really like the skirt:) and thankyou for the comment and the glasses i think they were wayfarers!
<3sarajj

J.Yo said...

here's what i think:
it's SUPER GORGEOUS!!! i can't believe it's your first sewing!!

cute! i'll be checking the site out, girl!

Zany Style said...

nice............. love it too much.... GIVE ME THAT SKIRT!
Lmao, jk.....or am I?

~tati~

Ps. sorry if I freaked you out!

rosa said...

wow that skirt is amazing! sooo much better than my first attempt at making a skirt :) please send me the link to the tutorial!